As I mentioned in my previous post, Youth CITIES is actively supporting Ingrid Li’s campaign for youth entrepreneurship. Ingrid is an amazing Winchester High School student, and Founder of the Entrepreneurial Youth Society (EYS). EYS is dedicated to promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among youth across America.
If you are interested in supporting the campaign, feel free to drop by the State House (Nurse’s Hall) on July 25th at 10:30am. There will be a rotating list of speakers, followed by a networking reception. The State House speaker agenda includes the following:
- Representative Jason Lewis, District Winchester Representative
- Senator Katherine Clark, Vice-Chair of Committee on Small Business
- Representative Alice Peisch, Chair of Committee on Education
- Tim Rowe, CEO and Founder of Cambridge Innovation Center
- Vicky Wu Davis, Founder and Executive Director of Youth CITIES (with several Youth CITIES teen entrepreneurs)
- Greg Selkoe, CEO and Founder of Karmaloop (and Founder of Boston Future Alliance)
- Michael Thomas, CEO of New England Board of Higher Education
- Letters of Senator John Kerry, Senator Brown, Congressman Markey, Governor Patrick, Treasurer Grossman
- BUILD and Boston Startup School and BostonBeta
This promises to be a very inspiring event, and hope that you will join us.